Friday, February 4, 2011

Excellence Hair Color!!! Not! DOESN'T Work!

Yikes!  I picked up a box for my head the other day, thinking it was just another "tone" to try on my mane.  Boy, was I in for a BIG SURPRISE!

I thought I had used this product in the past, but I don't think so, or I would have remembered.  I'm not sure if anyone has experienced this with this product, but if you have, let me know!

All seemed great when I first applied it -- I liked that it had a nice little comb applicator you could use if you wanted, and it was very nice to apply -- no problems.  Even had enough to cover my whole head of hair -- and I have a lot of it (less than when I was younger, but that's a different story....)  And, I loved the color.  Covered my grays and reds quite nicely.

Anyway, the problem didn't arise until the 2nd day when they say you can wash your hair.  As I was trying to wash, I was finding that I wasn't able to get the feel of "squeaky clean".  It seemed that my hair was coated with Crisco.  But, I figured that that was the way it was supposed to feel until maybe the 2nd shampoo.  After drying my hair, I realized that it STILL didn't feel clean.  It felt like I still had a coating of Crisco in it, and it didn't shine.  So, I decided to wash it again.

After the 3rd wash (and that means the full "Wash, Rinse, Repeat" scenario), I realized that I was having major problems.  Hair STILL was GREASE BOMB.  I realized I needed to take some drastic measures.

So, I ran down to the store and bought me a bottle of a clarifying shampoo, believing this to do the trick.  Nope.  DOESN'T work.  Even after FOUR shampoos.  Then, later that day, I was asking myself, "What cuts through grease?" and I thought of Lemon Juice.  So I grabbed the bottle of lemon juice from the fridge and commenced to wash my hair again -- this also FOUR TIMES with the lemon juice.  Still -- DOESN'T work.  I am desperate!!!

So, I think again, "What can I use, what can I use???"  and it DAWNED on me -- Dawn Dish Detergent.  I figured if it was good enough for birds in an oil spill then it was good enough for me. 

Guess WHAT?  IT WORKED!  Woooo hoooo!  FINALLY, my hair was squeaky clean after just one wash with Dawn.  But, I "washed, rinsed, and repeated", just for good measure.  I was SO GLAD to finally find something that worked to get out the Crisco feeling from my hair.

So, to save you all the pain, I am sharing this with you.  DO NOT USE Excellence Creme by L'Oreal.  It will cause you much grief....even if you like the color.




CHICKY GROOVY COOLNESS GADGET


0 comments:

Post a Comment

To make a comment, click on the title of the post and the comment box will appear at the bottom of the post.